Blog Review: rah rah rah
rah rah rah
I was wearing my spaceman suit and beginning my long walk to the space shuttle (they spend billions on a space program but can’t afford a golf cart to take me to there and save me walking?) when someone (space groupie?) stopped me and said, “in space, no one can hear you scream,” before laughing hysterically and running off. No, wait, she was skipping. Was this a warning or just insanity?
We’d been orbiting around Earth for a few days when things started to go wrong. Not technically, no, of course not. I mean mentally. I was slowly growing insane. Part of the mission was to determine if Earth tennis balls maintained their bounce in space. I took it upon myself to name all of the balls and give them a rich history. There was “Bouncy” who had fled Antarctica at the onset of WW2 to escape communism. And who could forget “Peter Frampton”? That lovable sphere with the heart of gold but a secret that would threaten to tear his family apart.
My astronautical companions didn’t take kindly to my insanity, deciding that it was important for the mission to tie me to my bunk bed (top, LOL!) and not let me talk to my tennis ball pals. But there was a glimmer of hope. They gave me a laptop to amuse myself with for the remainder of the trip. And it was here that I discovered “rah rah rah”.
As a professional writer (shut up) one of the key roles of my job description is the ability to say what I want with the least amount of words. Littlebirdy, head contributor to ‘rah rah rah’, has an incredible ability to do this. For instance, after reading her various lists I now know that I like her because:
- She has good taste in movies
- She has cat
- She likes tiny staplers. I thought I was the only one (OF MANY, LOL!)
- Broccoli is nice and SEXY
- She shares my love for sexy water scenes in movies.
- She dislikes skim milk
- She likes pancakes. I could go some pancakes right now. Apparently there’s a really good pancake store (outlet?) at The Rocks. I bet they have nice syrups.
And I don’t like her because:
- She dislikes peas (God’s food?)
- She likes dirty old gothic cathedrals (I like clean old gothic cathedrals, WITH CARGOYLES!)
- She said she would do Natalie Portman. Natalie Portman is a skinny witch. I’d like to take her to dinner to nourish her but that’s about it.
You’d have to read my blog for about 10 years to know HALF that stuff about me.
And you know what happened? Visiting this blog made me feel less insane for a while. They loosened my straps for me.
Grasp of English: 4/7